Monday, February 9, 2009

Is there still time for you to make money online?

on this post of Achieve your goals we will look a bit closer at the making money online segment, Do you think you can do it?: Does it still have room out there? What about the way we were taught?. Get a good job, or an education, or starting your own business. The reasons are simple, it doesn’t cost you a dime and with this economy out there an online business never looked so prominent, and according to various economists the internet is very resilient, not recession proof but resilient, it will cost you something tough; Time and effort.
We are all fascinate with the idea of making money while sleeping, the idea of working in our PJ’s or to work just an hour a day, just supervising our site or to post a new coment to satisfied our readers. For me making money online means having freedom, have enough time to spend with the kids or being able to manage my social life a little more, getting enough money to pay the mortgage or for once enjoy life. It amazes how many success histories we hear on the news about this kid that drop out of college and now is making millions on his own and he or she is just 20 something.
Who would not enjoy having a 6 figures income working from home. Well let me tell you something, you can definitely make a very descent income working from home, but it will take a good while. I am not trying to discourage you, just trying not to give you false expectations, so if you are really serious about making money online I do not want you nor me to give up the idea.
It’s all about setting reasonable expectations and you will thrive. There a lot of good information out there, you just need to look in the right direction. And if you work hard and set aside the energy and time, and maintaining yourself ahead of the curve when it comes to new trends and technology, is safe to say that is very possible that you will be making the type of income that will give you the liberty to focus on your MMO source of income. Should you quit your job if you are making, say $5K a month? I wouldn’t, I would not quit my job if I was making $15K a month, because if you account all the other expenses like, health insurance for you and your family, 401K and whatnot, $15k is not enough if you have a family. If you are single, it might be enough, but you want to make sure that this income is somewhat stable, a bit diversified and is not a one time hit. In other words, you need to have this income coming month after month and not oscillating to much.
There is a lot of good material out there in how to make money online. Some are very straight forward and informative, like my man Grizzly’s How to Make money online, Vic Franqui at Blogger Unleashed and Courtney Tuttle but there’s a lot of scams too, just make sure you do your search right. If you are really intrigued and motivated to make it online, then I really recommend starting with Grizzly. He has a lot of information, and if you follow his program and keep constantly trying to learn, you will succeed. Just don’t think it will happen overnight, I for one, am committed to make money online the right way, learning all I can learn, and trying to execute the right steps, like optimizing my post to right keywords and long tails and not monetize my blog before the time.
Wrapping up, it will be hard, I am not going to lie to you, I am already feeling it, sometimes you will feel overwhelmed, than is time for a break. You will need to spend countless hours in front of your computer reading and learning, trials and errors, you will need to set a block of time aside for this project, your family and kids will suffer a bit, but just visualize the results 2 years from now, you with your family enjoying the extra income, perhaps on a nice vacation! Just sort thru all the information that you come across on the net, pick the winners from the pile of garbage that is out there, do not give up on your first setbacks, be resilient, create timeframes for your goals, make sure your goals are measurable, attainable, and give enough room for those setbacks.
an example of my goals for making money online are:
Open 4 blogs on the month of February.
Make sure they have content and are well optimized.
Read all the good material out there for MMO (Specially Grizzly’s)
Choose the right niche
Get as much backlinks as possible (good or bad for now)
Do not feel bad if your blogs are not having a huge traffic, you are new at this, it takes time!


Cheers,

Lucky

1 comment:

Cupcake Gal said...

Thanks for the kind words Lucky. I'm happy you're learning something from what I wrote. Mostly it's a stream of consciousness and I'm flattered (and surprised) that you were able to follow any of what I was saying.
I'm definitely appreciating what you're writing, as well.

I agree with you, at this stage I'll take any backlinks I can get my hands on. Let me know when you're ready to trade.

-K