Wednesday, February 11, 2009

10 Busting moves to Achieve your goals

10. Visualize your goals! Make them visual, put them up on your home office, on your bedroom or even on the bathroom…don’t be ashamed by your significant other, this is just telling them that this time around you set out to achieve your goals, I have pictures of myself on the wall, So I can see my fat behind! and think: time to hit the gym, I also have a picture of Brazil were I want to relocate eventually and I made a paystub paying me $30.000 for one month’s worth work, which brings me to my next topic.

9. Make sure your goals are achievable. I have no problem in setting long term goals, you just have to account the amount of time that you will need to achieve your goals. I would love to make $30K a month by the end of this year!! It is going to happen? No, I already set out on my mind that I will need at least 5 years to achieve that type of income, and every year I will review and adjust my timeline if needed. Realistic goals are the way to go, do not get burnt out with more than you can handle type of goals. I know I won’t make 30K a month by the end of the year, but I can strive to make 5K a month by the end of the year, is definitely more attainable. You should review your goal periodically and adjust the time frame if necessary.

8. Be specific to the T, do not set up broad goals like, I want to lose weight, be very specific, I want to lose 15 lbs by memorial day, I want to have $1500 saved in two months, strive for specific benefits and hold yourself accountable.

7. Develop a timeline, make sure you are tracking your goals on a daily basis and you have deadlines. It is also important to write it down, or type if you like but tracking your goals is very important, even if you didn’t have an awesome day towards your goal. If goals are not met on time, do not beat yourself up, but make sure to include the portion that was not met on your next timeline, cut yourself some slack, but not that much!

6. Make sure this is your goals! Do not put yourself on the back sit to achieve someone else’s goals. In the end everybody around you will benefit from you being happier, but the time to prioritize others is over Baby! It’s you time now.

5. Celebrate the milestones, really celebrate when you reach your goals. The enabler smaller goals, you want to go easy and not go crazy spending money or going out (which will be counterproductive). Pat yourself on the back and continue working towards the big cup. Once you reach your main goal, celebrate in style, take a nice vacation to that place that you always wanted to go or buy yourself something really nice that you been eyeing. This deserve celebration big style, YOU JUST ACHIEVED YOUR GOAL!!!!

4. Do not feel discourage with the challenges and bumps on the road. We all fall off the wagon from time to time….DO NOT GIVE UP, dust yourself and keep going, it was just a bump, cut your loses and get back out there like nothing ever happened. The beginning is hard and you know it, but challenge is your middle name.

3. Pop’s said write down….Yes, write down, track your goals like you would be tracking stocks, it does not have to be daily, but a weekly account of how you were doing is optimal, you can buy a nice daily tracker for $5 dollars and write away.


2. Be aware of friendly fire, usually you go to people around you like your family for support, but in some cases it works for your disadvantage. Sometimes people around you will not be able to cope with your success and they will try to sabotage your goals. Trying to discourage with negative phrases like “you tried before and it didn’t work” or asking you to go out to eat when clearly you are trying to lose weight. Politely state to that person that YOU ARE NOT F**** HELPING HERE!

1. 2 simple words that make a big difference START NOW!!!! yes, do no procrastinate a day longer, like the Nike commercial jus.. jus.. jus.. just do it!!! Do not wait for tomorrow, or do not wait for you to buy a new pair of shoes, the right moment to start is now! you can do it.


Remember achieving your goal is important to you, so stop being lazy like me...lol, time management is key, try to have a better use of your time. In my case I had to go to the extreme of cutting my cable off! why because I was watching re-runs of crap like first 48 hours, I luv NY and I love money!! are you serious? yes, now that I do not have cable, I use all my time and energy towards achieving my goals, which is way more important.

cheers.

3 comments:

K Clarke said...

Your post was one of the most motivating posts I've read about how to achieve your goals. Most posts I have read are long, lengthy and full of bullshit. You got straight to the point which I liked.

Kate.

oliveira500 said...

Thanks Kate,

Whenever I can, I try to be straight to the point!

Thanks Again

xphoenix said...

Great post. I am also in similar situation as you are now. Good luck with everything.

XphoeniX